Keurig is very convenient, but is it a healthy way of making your coffee? Not so much!
- How fresh is the coffee in a K Cup?
- What toxins am I exposing myself to as the hot water forces the coffee through the little holes poked in the plastic cup?
- What is that lid made of that is poked at the top to allow the water to enter the cup?
- What chemicals are used in the flavored coffee selections?
- Is there a filter inside the plastic cup? What is it made of and how is it secured inside the plastic cup?
Mold and mildew is a big problem! Some people have this issue and are affected by it, some not so much. The problem is that the internal tank and tubes never get drained out and dried! Dark, warm. moist, the perfect breeding ground for mold!
Then there is the problem of the quality of the coffee. Is it fresh? What toxins am I exposed to from the machine itself? What are the coffees flavored with?
If you consider all the toxin exposure, and the freshness of the coffee, doing “your own” makes a lot of sense!
Personally I just use organic green coffee beans, roast and grind myself, and use an Aeropress coffee brewer to make it. Best coffee ever!
To Your Health!