Boron (pronounced BO-ron) is an element discovered in 1808. It has many uses including pyrotechnics and flares. An isotope (Boron 10) is a good absorber of neutrons and is used in control rods of reactors, as a radiation shield and as a neutron detector.
But, are their any uses for human health? YUP!
In fact we can use Borax (Sodium Tetraborate, hexahydrate or sodium borate ) as a source of Boron to improve health.
From http://www.growyouthful.com, sources provided:
A limited amount of boron is absolutely essential for good health. Here are some of its properties (at different concentrations):
- Protect’s you from Fluorides. Borax protects against the accumulation of fluorides in the body; is effective as an antidote in fluoride toxicity; and can remove fluorides from the body. (1,2,3,4,5,20)
- Anti-microbial. Borax is toxic to insects, parasites, protozoa and bacteria.
- Fungicide. Effective against moulds and fungi, internally and externally. (17,18)
- Hormone normaliser. Stimulates the production of hormones, stabilises estrogen, assists with insulin use and blood glucose control, triglyceride use and production of reactive oxygen. With boron sufficiency, blood serum triglyceride levels are significantly lower. (12) Estrogen replacement therapy may not be necessary. (13,16)
- Immune system enhancer. (12) Promotes healing of wounds. (14)
- Reduction and control of inflammation. (14,16)
- Aphrodisiac for men and women. See low libido. Boron stimulates the production of DHT and testosterone (14,16) and normalises oestrogen.
- Toxin removal. Chelator / protection from heavy metals. (8)
- Stabiliser of calcium, silicon, copper and magnesium levels, inhibits calcification. (12). Boron sufficiency normalises calcium levels, preventing both abnormal calcium deposition and bone weakness. (12,13,14) Boron sufficiency inhibits the accumulation of inorganic copper in the bones (12) and prevents loss of bone. (13) Boron assists with the assimilation of various minerals, particularly calcium and silicon. Those with insufficient boron in their diets may suffer a variety of bone, skin and connective tissue ailments. Insufficient body silicon is associated with rapid aging.
- Mental enhancement. Improves attention, both short and long term memory, perception, hand-eye coordination, and manual dexterity. (12,14)
Borax as a remedy
Borax has successfully been used as a remedy for a variety of ailments. (7,9,10,12,13,14,15,16) You can use it for both prevention and treatment.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. This is an inflammatory autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own joints, causing degeneration and deformity. It is more common in women, and can occur at any age. Often it develops into osteoarthritis. Work by Prof Roger Wyburn-Mason identified an amoeba in the joint as the cause in certain susceptible people. Boron is an effective cure. (14,15)
- Osteoarthritis is a wearing away of the joints, particularly those that have been subject to trauma, infection or over-use when injured. It is more common in men. The cartilage or tough fibrous matter around the joint wears away and the bones rub against each other, causing pain and and further permanent damage to the joint. (14,15)
- Osteoporosis (decalcification of the bones) or osteopenia. (12,13,14)
- Other bone and connective tissue diseases such as Dupuytren’s disease.
- Blood lipid disorders, hypertension (high blood pressure), arterial diseases. (12,14)
- Cancer. (6,14,19) Boron may be a preventative for prostate cancer.
- Swollen gums or loose teeth (pyorrhoea). This is a bit like arthritis of the teeth and gums.
- Antiseptic. Very effective for bladder infection and urinary tract infection (UTI). (17) For other infections apply topically or take internally diluted to the recommended dose.
- Spondylitis (arthritis of the spine with inflammation in the joints). Calcium is lost from the spinal vertebrae, leading to fusion and disc degeneration. Spondylitis responds to mineral treatments, particularly boron.
- Gout. Boron is an effective remedy.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus.
In the USA you can purchase 20 Mule Team Borax at most grocery stores. You should check the label and avoid any added ingredients or scents.
My wife and I started taking this as a “concentrate” made by adding a teaspoon of Borax to one quart of water. Let it fully dissolve, then take one teaspoon of the liquid with meals 2 or 3 times a day. You can take higher doses to handle conditions like arthritis, osteoporosis, joint pain, and muscle cramps.
So you see that taking something that is natural and inexpensive, like Borax, can be beneficial to our health!
Since we just started taking this, I will update in a few months, to review our changes!
To Your Health!